Wednesday 17 March 2010

Update

Well, its been a few weeks since I last posted, and so much has happened...

First, the good news - I was admitted to NYU! This means that after months of stressing, I'm definitely going to business school this year - woohoo! I'm also really excited about New York - after visiting Stern's campus for interview it looks like a great place to spend two years.

I've also been interviewed by Wharton and UCLA and am still awaiting news (keep your fingers crossed!)

Now for the less good news - after interviewing at Berkeley, I've been waitlisted :-( I'm gutted as I really got a good feeling from the interview and thought that my application was pretty strong. Realistically I cannot wait too long before applying for my US visa so it doesnt look like Berkeley's going to happen. Today's email was actually the first piece of bad news that I've had in this whole app process, and it's hit me harder than I thought.

Oh yeah, mustn't forget the big S - no word as yet. I've basically given up hope (the bulk of interview invites have gone out already), but until I get the final word, I cant help obsessively checking my email for news! Looks like sunny california is off the cards for the next couple of years.

Roll on March 31 (final decision day).

2 comments:

  1. hey congrats! Stern is a great school and it's in NYC! it will make your transition from London to US much easier (frankly speaking, you will get bored in Palo Alto most likely, haha)

    good luck on the rest of the schools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I guess you're right about the NYC thing. Still bummed by the bad news though.

    How many are you still waiting on?

    ReplyDelete